Turnaround time on most projects is five to ten business days (not counting weekends) from the date I receive your document. I can also accept rush jobs (turnaround time less than five days), but please be aware there may be an extra charge for this service.
All of my rates are quoted in U.S. dollars, and there is a minimum charge of $35.00 per job. The following rates apply to electronic editing of Microsoft Word documents (using the track changes feature) and hard copy manuscripts. Prices do not include return postage for printed manuscripts. Please anticipate an additional fee for any applicable courier charges, however most work can be handled through the Internet.
- Copy and Line Editing This is a sentence-by-sentence review of basic mechanics: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and tense. I will also review your word choice, phrasing, dialogue, and overall consistency. I will help you with the overall structure of your manuscript. Is your writing clear? Does it make sense? Are there any redundancies or inconsistencies in the plot or narration? Are your characters or situations believable? During the editing process, I will leave comments and questions for you in the margin of the document that address these issues and more.
- Proofreading This is the final look at your work immediately prior to printing or publishing. I will look for spelling errors, typos, layout problems, punctuation problems, capitalization errors, and awkward grammar. If your manuscript has been peer reviewed, or has gone through several drafts to get it to be exactly what you want, this might be the service for you. No changes to content or style will be made.
Rates and Requirements
Rates are based upon the type of editing you request and the level of editing involved.
Copy and Line Editing $35 an hour
Proofreading $25 an hour
1000 word sample edit FREE
- All work must be submitted in standard submission format – double spaced with size 12 font, approximately 250 words per page.
- Authors who prefer to have the editing done on a hard-copy of their manuscript will be responsible for all shipping costs.
- Half of the agreed upon rate is due upon acceptance of the contract with the balance due before delivery of the completed project. Hiring a talented editor is expensive, especially if your manuscript is lengthy. We can discuss a payment plan if necessary.
How it Works
- Submit 750-1000 words of your manuscript for a free editing preview. This will give both of us the assurance we are right for each other before we commit to the project.
- We will communicate by email to determine which services you need and what the total cost is for the services you choose.
- I will email you a contract outlining the services you have selected and the total price.
- Upon acceptance of the terms of the contract and receipt of the down payment, I’ll get to work!
I accept payments through PayPal. Money orders and cash are also accepted. Please no personal checks.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at IndieAuthorPromotions@peoplepc.com ♥