My name is Lisa V. Proulx and I am an award-winning and international bestselling author, an award-winning speaker and storyteller, an editor, and a publishing consultant.
I was a feature writer and columnist for 20 years, I’m a certified proofreader and copy editor, and I served as the President of the Maryland Writer’s Association- Frederick, Maryland Chapter, so I know a thing or two about writing, getting started, and promoting your work.
I am now the Editor in Chief of The Brunswick Herald newspaper in Brunswick, Maryland
As an Indie Artist, the process of getting your work in front of people can be a scary and overwhelming ordeal. Believe me, I’ve been there! I still write books and when I started, I was confused and got so frustrated, there were times I wanted to pull out my hair, scream, and give up!
I also know what it’s like to not have the money to pay big, expensive promoters who will not give you the personal attention you need… and deserve!
Let me help you!
Please check out my page and see if we are a good fit. If you like what you see and would like to work together, please contact me and I will get back to you shortly!
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!
Who I am professionally
- Author of 13 books and bestseller WEEDMONKEY
- Ranked in Top 100 Authors on Amazon Memoirs 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020
- Certified Proofreader and Copy Editor
- Article MY GUARDIAN ANGEL STORY published in Woman’s World Magazine (2014)
- Article THE PATH OF DEATH published in The Barefoot Review (2010)
- Short story, MOTHER’S MONSTER published in horror anthology (2005)
- First book, PUNCTURE, published (2004)
- Writer and play critic for The Frederick Gazette (2004-2014)
- Feature writer and columnist for The Brunswick Citizen (2001-2020)
- Editor in Chief of The Brunswick Herald newspaper (2020-current)
- Wrote a monthly music column “Backstage Pass” for The Catoctin Valley Crier (Vegas Radio)
- Former Head Writer and Director of Business Development for Vegas Radio
- Former writer and columnist for The Mountain Express, Asheville, North Carolina
- Former proofreader for Loudoun Times Mirror, Leesburg, Virginia
- Background in Communications and Public Speaking
- Poem SCREAMS OF NO REPLY published (1979)
- 2017 Reader’s Favorite Honorable Mention WINNER for WEEDMONKEY
- 2018 WINNER Golden Book Awards Reader’s Choice for WEEDMONKEY
- 2018 2nd Place WINNER Golden Book Awards for WEEDMONKEY
- Semi-Finalist in the Golden Book Awards for WEEDMONKEY 2018
- Blog writing for years and have interviewed and promoted hundreds of authors and musicians.
- Former President of Maryland Writer’s Association, Frederick, Maryland Chapter January 2019 to June 2019
- Resident speaker for Reader’s Favorite Book Awards, Miami, Florida
- Yearly speaker at Dublin Writer’s Conference in Dublin, Ireland
- Member of the steering committee for Shepherdstown Writer’s Conference, West Virginia
Who I Am Personally
Okay, now that you know my background and education let me tell you who I am personally.
I am a laid-back 70s Bohemian rocker chick who wants to make a difference in this world instead of just taking up space within it.
I raised Rottweilers for over 18 years and I’m a former belly dancer.
I live in my childhood home in Maryland with my cats, and my dog Vladimir (Vladdy). I love to write, bake, cook, work in my garden, watch Days of our Lives, Vikings, True Blood, and listen to classic rock music.
I have a goofy sense of humor and I collect coats, purses, and antiques.
I am a real person!
I am not some stuffy, three-piece suit with a briefcase. I am a cool chick with brains and I want to help you succeed. So let me help you! ♥