My name is Lisa V. Proulx and I am an award winning and bestselling author of 11 books. I have been a professional feature writer and columnist for almost 17 years, I’m a certified proofreader and copy editor, and I know a thing or two about writing, getting started, and promoting your work.
As an Indie Artist, the process of getting your work in front of people can be a pretty scary and overwhelming ordeal. Believe me, I’ve been there! I still write books and when I first started out, I was so confused and got so frustrated there were times I wanted to pull out my hair, scream, and just give up!
I also know what it’s like to not have the money to pay out to big, expensive promoters who will not give you the personal attention you need … and deserve!
Let me help you!
Please check out my page and see if we are a good fit.
If you like what you see and would like to work with me, please contact me and I will get back to you shortly!
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!
- Author of 11 books and bestseller WEEDMONKEY
- Ranked in Top 100 Authors on Amazon Memoirs 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Certified Proofreader and Copy Editor
- Article MY GUARDIAN ANGEL STORY published in Woman’s World Magazine (2014)
- Article THE PATH OF DEATH published in The Barefoot Review (2010)
- Short story, MOTHER’S MONSTER published in anthology (2005)
- First book, PUNCTURE, published (2004)
- Writer and play critic for The Frederick Gazette (2004-2014)
- Feature writer and columnist for The Brunswick Citizen (2001-current)
- Wrote monthly music column “Backstage Pass” for The Catoctin Valley Crier (Vegas Radio)
- Former Head Writer and Director of Business Development for Vegas Radio
- Writer and columnist for The Mountain Express, Asheville, North Carolina
- Proofreader for Loudoun Times Mirror, Leesburg, Virginia
- Background in Communications and Public Speaking
- Poem SCREAMS OF NO REPLY published (1979)
- 2017 Reader’s Favorite Honorable Mention WINNER for WEEDMONKEY
*Plus blog writing for years and have interviewed and promoted hundreds of authors and musicians
Who I Am Personally
Okay, now that you know my background and education let me tell you who I am personally.
I am a laid-back 70’s Bohemian rocker chick who wants to make a difference in this world instead of just taking up space within it.
I have raised Rottweilers for over 15 years, been a feature writer and columnist for my local newspaper for almost 17 years, and am a former belly dancer.
I live in my childhood home in Maryland with my family, my cats, and my dog Vladimir (Vladdy). I love to write, bake, cook, work in my garden, watch Days of our Lives, and listen to classic rock music.
I have a goofy sense of humor and I collect coats, purses, antiques, and hair products.
I am a real person!
I am not some stuffy, three-piece suit with a briefcase. I am a cool chick with brains and I want to see you succeed. So let me help you! ♥